2008-05-16

Party Noire

I received a little note in my inbox today inviting me to preview Party Noire's capsule collection DEBUT, which will be released tomorrow. So I took a gander and decided that I liked what I saw. Romanian designer Alina Cosma's style is very sharp, chic and edgy. I'm enjoying the minimal but effective use of details like silver zippers and buttons and the odd sheer fabric panel. The label is aiming to create timeless dresses, pieces that don't flicker in and out with the change of the seasons. I think the dark but romantic feel is very much in tune with where the industry is heading now (it brings to mind Boudicca's signature style and next fall's sharply-cut Balenciaga dresses). Lovely to see a Romanian designer flexing her muscles.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm liking those as well... I got the email but failed to check them out (slaps wrist for being bad blogger...)