2008-07-09

A Shot of Color

Are you bored with the somber black and grey mood that editors, stylists and models have been sporting day in and day out for months? Years? I am. I fall prey to it myself (case in point, a very trendy yet boring black leather skirt/grey v-neck combo I was wearing yesterday). I admire those who sport perfectly-executed simple looks day in and day out. But I think I admire these three individuals more. Does anyone else think the girl on the far right may have been inspired by the orange-dress/blue scarf outfit Ashley Olsen wore a while ago?


Images from wunderbloc and the sartorialist.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I'd been just thinking how monochromatic my wardrobe had gotten. Up to a few months ago, greys and blacks and whites barely existed in my closet!

Rosé Magritte said...

all three of these outfits are absolutely phenomenal. i personally believe that this girl's outfit looks better than ashley olsen's, too.

Kayla said...

these are beautiful pictures/outfits. lately i have been trying to incorporate more bright colors into my daily outfits--they make me feel happier, and others really notice!

Fruchtzwerg said...

I'm loving this girl with the blue/orange combination. It's so bright, so fun and refreshing. She's so cool with her bagpack.

etoilee8 said...

I love the orange and blue too. I've got to try that (but I don't think I own any orange). Her shoes are quite nice as well. . .

christine said...

I love your collage and the picks. Esp. the color choices for your text and how it reflects the girl's/guy's outfit behind it! Thanks for reminding me of color gone right!

Anthea said...

Love the orange dress. Beautiful selection. We must must must try to make more of an effort to wear color. I agree with you, it's getting dull!

Carla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.