2009-07-14

The Shower Curtain Coat

Hey guys! The scuba dress post seemed to be very popular! I was thinking Miu Miu myself, but I can also see the Preen and Michael Kors in it, as some readers suggested. Actually, maybe even a bit of PHI resort 2010. My mum said it looked like Thor Heyerdahl 1979. Who is he you ask? I was wondering the same thing. So I googled him:

Norwegian ethnologist and adventurer who organized and led the famous Kon-Tiki (1947) and Ra (1969–70) transoceanic scientific expeditions. Both expeditions were intended to prove the possibility of ancient transoceanic contacts between distant civilizations and cultures. For the most part, Heyerdahl’s theories have not been accepted by anthropologists.
-britannica.com


Haha mother, haha. Anyways, yesterday I went on yet another thrift excursion and picked up this very 80s wool coat. My boy said it looked like a shower curtain. Haha Kevin, haha. If I paired it with a bright orange body-con dress and geometric make-up I could pass for a Liquid Sky extra. What a strange but stylish movie. I'll see if I can screen cap it for the blog. Alas I have no such dress, but I am warming up to the idea of orange as a wardrobe color some more.





I've paired the coat with a blouse made by my grandmother, H&M skirt and booties from The Shoe Warehouse.

I also picked up another sheer dress and two purses. More on those when I get around to taking photos of them!

19 comments:

PUNKIE said...

oooooh thid cape is so cute! you were adorable!

Miranda* said...

the grommets and that color blue are so chic! if its a shower curtain, its a chic shower curtain!

Ljubica said...

what an interesting coat! and i love the blouse, i think it's even sweeter because it's made by your grandma!
xo

Six Six Sick said...

SO SO loving this "shower curtain" of a coat. The color is awesome and those industrial size grommets---insane.

xxx,
Tiffany

Amelia said...

That jacket is so cool! The proportions are perfect and I love that color. Envy...

Ashley said...

Love the jacket! The giant grommets and the electric sky blue make it so awesome and unique.

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

MissAmy said...

I love the color & the shape & the drape. Great find! XOXO, MissAmy

marz_barzxo said...

the colour is gorge. And that with the blouse made by your grandmama is a good combo ;)

Meream said...

Oh my god, that is the cutest coat I've ever seen! It goes so well with the blouse.

Elaine said...

It's funky but I think you pull it off with the neutral and simple basics underneath.


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Cruz said...

Haha I'm likin the shower curtain coat! I love that blue and orange together.

KP said...

die for that blue color, and I love, love capes.

Kat George said...

Wow I love this coat! The colour, the rings, the proportion! Its beautiful! x

samantha said...

I love it! such a great cut and color! i'm so jealous of your great thrift finds. love your blog :)

Charlotte Drene said...

This coat is out of this world.
Look at that colour!

Lydia said...

Ha, he may think it looks like a shower curtain, but I think it's a pretty sick find. I love the color!

dreamecho said...

Great find -- I like how you've put it all together!

I'm also especially in admiration of your and your grandma's handiwork on the scuba dress. It's incredible!

Izzy said...

So pretty. I love how you call it the shower curtain coat!

Anonymous said...

like I said, Prada suxxorrz.

swingysweepy babyskyblue with brass grommets. unreal