2008-05-18

Summer Wardrobe Dilemma

I decided to cut my hair shorter this morning. At first it looked a but awkward so I tied it up, but then I felt uncomfortable wearing it in a bun (I rarely change hairstyles), so I let it down again and the new waves looked much better. I'm very open -minded when it comes to trying a new fit or pattern of clothing but when it comes to hair and makeup I'm a little chicken. Even know my hair looks exactly the same. It's probably only an inch or two shorter.

I think I'm probably the only girl in town still wearing tights and boots in the heat. No wonder my legs take forever to tan. I cling onto layers until it's absolutely necessary to let them go. What do you guys wear in the summer? I find it difficult to dress like myself when the heat becomes stifling. I guess this is where interesting accessories are supposed to come in...



13 comments:

karla deras said...

i completely agree with you. i find it much more convenient to dress for colder climates because you can wear tights, coats, and layers. summer is kinda like blah.... shorts, dresses, tshirts, and bathing suits!

ps: loved your blog so i added u to my blog roll

Seanrwatson2 said...

What a babe.

Anonymous said...

Love the haircut... I tend to play with one-layer textures more and do interesting things that way to shed the layers...

Giselle said...

This outfit is really cute! I'm the same way too though, I end up wearing tights until I absolutely HAVE to go bare legged. I'm trying to let go of my frumpiness this summer though, and stock up on something a little skimpier ;-P

-Giselle <3<3<3

Belowen said...

I have issues in summer, especially living in Australia where it's normal for the temperature to hit the high 30's early 40's (celcius) on a summer day. And also because cardigans are my lover, lol. I pretty much live in shorts in summer. Lazy.

THE DIVINITUS said...

oh i heart your green grass picture :)

geri hirsch said...

such a great shot up top!!! im still wearing tights and boots...cant resist!

Amelia said...

The dress is cute and I adore your bangs. I definitely don't want to give up my tights, either.

Ariel said...

I like the haircut, it frames your face nicely.

When it's hot I like to only wear really super light things. Lots of jewelry. In tights I like the sheer ones. They're still black but they're lighter than opaque. I have a Polyvore of what I wanna wear in spring. You can look at it on my blog.

Anonymous said...

I love your new haircut =P

Pamcasso said...

I like your haircut!

To answer your question, I like being covered up so I tend to carry layers around with me, and I often wear jeans. I made a pact with myself that this year I would wear more skirts, and so far, I've done well. I don't really wear tights in the summer, maybe in the evening if it improves on the dress or skirt.

Anonymous said...

i love the outfit. xx Mimi

www.hautemimi.com

Vancouverista said...

such a cute lace bolero/vest thing!