2008-11-30

Sabrina the Wood Nymph

This Halloween (I know it's late! This is what happens when your boyfriend only likes to shoot on film!) I set a few flowers in my hair and paraded around as a wood nymph. The original plan was to dress up as Robin Hood, since I had a short forest green dress, green tights and beige booties that would have looked perfect with his iconic pointy hat. Unfortunately, I didn't find any hats to my liking. Looking back, this Claudia Schulz hat would've been perfect. Not being one to give up, I trekked to the large dollar store at my local mall and looked around desperately for ideas. After an hour or so of bending, tweaking and adjusting my own little piece of millinery, I finally had myself a proper costume.



Even though exams are yet to arrive, I can't help but feel a little more relaxed and free. I've been wanting to visit a fabric store to see what kind of ideas pop into my brain. Last time my grandmother came over, my favorite thing to do with her was stroll through aisles of fabrics and throw ideas back and forth. I still have this one particular trim in mind after two years. It has very large pleats in a beautiful shiny royal blue. Looking back at this picture of my costume makes me itch to get my hands dirty with another craft project.

9 comments:

Amelia said...

Your Halloween costume looks awesome. This picture is worth the wait. I can't wait to see what sort of project you come up with.

Anonymous said...

This looks like a fantastic Halloween costume. & I know the pain of dating a film lover. I can't wait until he has his own dark room so we can see the shots sooner.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could've seen it!
and also I wish I were a little more relaxed and free.
Urgh, freaking exams.

Cindiddy said...

pretty picture!

May Kasahara said...

gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic costume, very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Pretty pretty!

Iida said...

Your costume is really pretty! As well as you. That photograph looks also great :)

I just found your blog and this looks really good. It's a pity that you update so seldomly.

Sabrina said...

iidaelina: I know! :( I'm such an irresponsible blogger. But I'm trying!