2008-04-28

Painted Leather Shoes!

Continuing on with my bold pattern and shoe obsessions... introducing a line of hand painted leather shoes by the Brazilian label Neon. The shoes are made from scraps of painted cow-skin that the label's co-designer Dudu Bertholini has picked up while traveling. I love their sleek shape and slight heel. They're pretty unisex. I can see them worn with outfits of all kinds: skinnies, floaty skirts, long and short. Does anyone know of a type of paint that would withstand wear and tear from being placed on shoes? This would be a fun summer project.


Images from coolhunter.com

They strongly remind me of a pair of Yohji Yamamoto boots I was admiring from the SS 2008 collection.


Image from style.com

6 comments:

nv said...

you can get fabric paints from a craft store or something. I'm pretty sure that would work

roxanne said...

those boots! like doc martens meets a psychedelic jungle!

Giselle said...

hmmm...try acrylics. Those go on and never come off, though they might chip a little. :-/

-Giselle

susie_bubble said...

Right gonna try this pronto!

Alison said...

Nice pattern..! I have 3 pairs of leather shoes. I want to paint one of shoe for a new rocking and stylish look.

krishna said...

Beautiful Ed Hardy,ed hardy ed hardy clothing ,ed hardy
shirts,Adidas,NIKE Dunks,True Religion Jeans,Bapes hoodies,Timberland
boots and much more are available here at discounted rates with FREE
shipping WORLDWIDE Ed Hardy