2008-12-02

My Cocoon Jacket

A couple of days ago I wore this Zara jacket that I picked up in Bucharest this past summer. It has an odd shape to it. It's very loose and the shoulders are rounded off. It reminds me a bit of the cocoon jackets in Balenciaga's FW 06 collection. Actually, I'm quite positive that's exactly what the designers at Zara were thinking of too. When I first put it on I thought to myself "what an ugly and unflattering shape." Then I just couldn't seem to let it go, so it came home with me.

I sort of dumbed down the look here by wearing it with boring skinnies, but looking at that Balenciaga collection again I think it will go really well with tights and a floaty super mini skirt I picked up at the thriftstore a while ago. It would also go well with my black draped trousers but that outfit absolutely demands sky-high heels to balance the look out.





Follow my blog with bloglovin´

6 comments:

Amelia said...

Great pictures! I like the jacket.

Vera said...

love the volume!

*Diane* said...

Love, Love , Love your jacket!

Anonymous said...

I love it! All your ideas are superb :-)

Anna-Maria said...

so nicely shot pictures.
you look so nice !

best regards

kaitlyn said...

i'm so in love with everything about that jacket. you have a great blog.